How organisations respond to the challenge of balancing humankind's economic, social and environmental interests - sustainable development - will be an increasingly large factor in determining their future success.
Most, however, do not have integrated sustainability management systems in place. Nor do they monitor their operating environment consistently, for related signs of crisis or for the new market opportunities that change may offer.
Effective responses are not bolt-on. They need to be embedded into organisational strategy. The development of appropriate policies requires a firm grasp of the complex links between markets, laws and ecosystems.
In confronting sustainable development, Paul Hohnen can help organisations:
- understand global trends, their risks and opportunities
- identify and engage with key stakeholders
- develop optimal response strategy options
Hohnen offers government, business and NGO clients three unique qualities:
- first-hand involvement in shaping international policies
- detailed knowledge of the key actors and institutions involved
- a track record of helping find innovative and effective solutions
Article 'Why chemicals management is essential for a safer, healthier world', Innovation Forum, 14 March
Governmental advisory work, Berlin, 25-26 February
Moderating inter-governmental expert meeting, Brussels, 18 February
Guest article 'Could an Innovative Green New Deal kick start 2019?', Innovation Forum, 10 January